And so begins my new life as a one-day-a-week stay-at-home Dad.
Monday to Thursday I’m Edward Lamb, multimedia designer extraordinaire. But on Fridays I’m just plane old Dad (not that William can talk yet, but if he did that’s what I hope he’d call me).
The first week hasn’t really gone to plan. I’m writing this on Thursday night and there are a couple of outstanding jobs on my to-do list. In the past I would have just ploughed on through the night making sure everything was done. But 6.30am will be here before I know it and I’ll be called into action:
- Breakfast followed by playtime.
- Take wife to work.
- Back home.
- 210ml bottle of baby formula.
- Nap (for both of us, more than likely). Play time.
- See Gran and Grandpa and put my feet up.
- 180ml bottle.
- Pick up wife.
- Finish that website I promised a client.
I hope I didn’t forget anything.
Bring on Adventure Fridays.